Apply now to become a Red Apron Volunteer!
Our volunteers are individuals, families, senior citizens, corporate groups, religious organizations, school groups, and many others. Learn more about the variety of volunteer roles and skills needed at Bluffton Self Help:
- Prepare fresh produce for immediate distribution
- Unload food distribution trucks and food donations
- Inspecting, sorting and boxing food donations
- Assembling food packages for our Senior Food Program
- Weighing and packaging food during food distribution
- Recording weight of food for distribution
- Inspecting, sorting and labeling clothing
- Bagging and discarding clothing for rag program
- Checking out clothing selections with SWIPE Card
- Client registration and verification
- Client check-out
- Interview clients for financial assistance
- Provide translation services
- Data entry & analysis
- Project support
- Event logistics
It’s easy to get started!
To become a Red Apron Volunteer, plan a visit with Bluffton Self Help during one of our information sessions held the 4th Monday of every month to discuss your specific interest and goals at BSH, and share our training opportunities with you.
Everyone is welcome!
- We welcome middle and high school students to complete any school-required service hours, but we would like to remind every volunteer that it is their responsibility to plan and schedule their visit well in advance, since registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Children love to get involved! (The minimum age to volunteer is twelve years old. Any minor 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult.)
- Bluffton Self Help accepts court mandated service hours, but ONLY misdemeanor offenses will be considered eligible, and additional documentation must be provided.
If you are interested in learning more about our Volunteer Program at Bluffton Self Help contact Tonya Taylor-Moyd at tonya[at]blufftonselfhelp.org, or call us at 843-757-8000.